Community Garden Rules and Regulations
Hours of Operation
The Township expects to open the gardens the first week of April, weather permitting.
A specific opening day date will be emailed to plot holders.
The garden is open from 7am to dusk from April through October.
1. Cultivating, weeding, and watering their own plots
2. Determining the best growing season for the crops they are cultivating
3. Ensuring their plot is in cultivated status by June 1st
4. Giving consideration to others by planting tall crops where they will have the least impact on neighboring gardeners. (Crops and structures over 6ft tall are not allowed)
5. "Putting their garden to bed" and leaving plots as they found them in the spring by October 31st
Plots are 4x4 raised beds.
Common Sense List of No's
Gardeners may reserve more than one plot.
Plot numbers are assigned by the Township. Participants will be notified of their plot number(s) prior to opening day.
The garden design was based on the square foot gardening method. For more information on this method, please visit the Square Foot Gardening website.
1. No pets
Reserving a Plot
2. No motorized vehicles
3. No littering
4. No loud music
5. No invasive plants (i.e. mint any variety)
6. No taking food that is not yours
1. To reserve a plot, please log in to your account. If you do not have an account, you may create one here.
2. Once logged in, please click on "Register for an Activity" under Account Info. Then, choose "Community Garden" from the list of activities.
3. Senior Citizens, 60 years and above, will receive the resident rate. This reduced rate will be reflected in your cart at check out.