Deerfield Township Service Department - Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Archery Range Rules
These archery range rules and regulations were adopted under Resolution 2018-16 Archery Range Rules.
Range Rules and Regulations
- The archery range is unsupervised. Use of this facility is strictly at your own risk.
- (ORC 2744) Deerfield Township does not assume any responsibility for loss or injuries.
- Direct, visual supervision by an adult 21 years of age or older is required for everyone under 18 years of age.
- Open ½ hour after sunrise until ½ hour before sunset.
- Maximum of 3 archers per lane.
- All persons must remain behind the shooting line when shooting is taking place.
- Call “CEASE FIRE” and display red flag before retrieving arrows.
- When searching for a lost arrow, stand your bow crossways in front of the target to indicate your intent.
- Call “ALL CLEAR” and conceal red flag before resuming to shoot.
- All lanes must stop shooting when “CEASE FIRE” has been called and a red flag is displayed. Shooting may resume after “ALL CLEAR” is called and the red flag is concealed.
- When you see a bow standing in front of a target, hold your position and do not shoot. Someone is searching for a lost arrow.
- Keep arrow pointed down range – sky drawing is strictly prohibited.
- Shoot only at the target in your lane – cross lane shooting is prohibited.
- Broadhead and razor tipped arrows are prohibited.
- Only bow, crossbow, paper or fabric target faces are permitted. Remove target faces and dispose of properly when finished.
- Range is to be used for archery only. Shoot only at provided targets.
- No pets, alcohol, or smoking allowed in the archery range.
- Report violations to Deerfield Township at 513.701.6958. In case of emergency, dial 911.