This is a partial and summarized list of park rules adopted under Resolution 2008-82: Adopting Park Rules.
1. Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injury caused by them. If your dog becomes unruly or aggressive, leash immediately and leave the dog park. In case of an incident, owners are required to provide personal information to all involved parties.
2. Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated, and wearing a collar with current tags.
3. Dogs less than four (4) months old are not permitted in the large dog area.
4. Female dogs in season are not permitted.
5. Dog owners must keep their dog(s) in view at all times. No dog will be left in the dog park area unattended. Unattended dogs will be removed by the Humane Society.
6. There is a limit of three (3) dogs per owner at any given time.
7. Owners are responsible for the clean up and disposal of feces left by their dog.
8. Owners must carry a leash at all times. All dogs must be leashed in all other areas of the Deerfield Township Parks.
9. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
10. Please maintain the safety of the corral gate system. Do not enter if another dog is in the corral area.
11. Food, dog treats and chew toys are not permitted inside the dog park area.
12. Glass containers and alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the dog park area.
13. Failure to follow the dog park rules subjects a violator to criminal prosecution and will result in a ban from any future use of the dog park.
14. Deerfield Township is not, by adopting these rules, stating that the users of the dog park are in compliance with these rules. All users of the dog park acknowledge that the township is not a guarantor of the physical health and fitness of any dog park user or the safety of any person or animal using the dog park. All users of the dog park use the dog park at their own risk, without any guaranty or warranty whatsoever.