Kingswood: Activity Center
The Township is undertaking a project to renovate the old maintenance shop at Kingswood Park to be used for recreational purposes.
What is the project timeline?
- KZF Design was approved by the Board of Trustees to provide design work and interior renovations, which is currently underway and anticipated for completion in 2021.
- Deerfield Staff continue to work on renovating the former Park Maintenance Building into a Community Activity Center at Kingswood Park. This project was discussed at the June 15, 2021 Trustee Work Session.
Where exactly will this project take place?
- Existing building on the south side of the park; west of the Community Pavilion.
- This building was originally used for the park maintenance shop prior to consolidation into the Service Department.
How is the project funded?
- This project is being funded through the Deerfield Township Park Levy.
What is the benefit of this project to the community?
- The Park Master Plan identified a lack of indoor facilities for programming. This facility will provide additional internal space for expanding Township programming.