Easter Egg Sightings (No-Touch; Self-Guided)
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
The annual Easter Egg Hunt has been reimagined this year! Visit your favorite park or check out a new one to see how many eggs you can spot.
- Spring is a great time to get outside! Stroll along the paths and see how many eggs you can spot!
- This is a no-touch event for families to enjoy at their own pace during Easter weekend. Each park features a different egg theme.
- Please do not collect or move the eggs; please leave them for others to enjoy finding.
- This is a self-guided activity available during park hours (daylight) and is located along paved, accessible pathways.
- Please see "Additional Forms and Files" below for printable activity sheets to complete as you look for eggs.
Enter to Win a Prize Bucket
- Share a photo of you and your family enjoying the Egg Sightings April 2nd - 4th via social media and tag #ChooseDeerfield for a chance to win a prize bucket!
- Each prize bucket includes items for children to engage their senses, get creative, explore nature, and get active outdoors - and a little candy, of course :)
- Winners will be selected randomly and announced on Monday, April 5th.
COVID-19: Participant Expectations
- Conduct a health assessment prior to visiting the park. If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 and/or a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or above, please stay home.
- Maintain 6ft of social distancing with others not in your household.
- Wear a mask when you are unable to maintain 6ft of social distance from others not in your household.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash hands before and after visiting the park; avoid touching the eggs.
- Additional Resource: COVID-19: Public Parks & Trails
- We need your help to ensure that everyone can enjoy the egg sightings! Please do not collect or move the eggs.
- Talk with your child before you go. Come up with reasons together on why it's important to leave the eggs - so that others can enjoy spotting eggs too, they don't belong to us, etc.
- Brainstorm with your child for fun ideas of what to do instead of collecting the eggs - bring the printable activity sheet to fill out, do a dance move each time we spot an egg, play follow the leader or do a different movement between eggs, try to find an egg for each letter of the alphabet, make it into a game and see who can spot the eggs first, etc.
- Set your child up for success (ex: leave baskets at home since they won't be able to collect eggs)
- Don't forget to take a photo of your family enjoying the hunt and tag #ChooseDeerfield on social media to be entered to win a prize bucket!
Additional Forms and Files: