Fairy and Gnome Homes (Creators/Artists)
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Get in touch with nature - and your creative side - by volunteering to create a fairy/gnome home for our Fairy/Gnome Trails!
- Calling all creative minds, artists, and those with a big imagination to create miniature fairy and gnome homes.
- No experience is required. All skill levels are welcome.
- Your miniature fairy and gnome home will be used to create Fairy/Gnome Trails in Deerfield parks.
- Creators/Volunteers will be placing their homes along trails at each of the parks; check out the different park themes below to find the one that inspires you!
- Please note that creators/volunteers are asked to provide their own materials. (recyclable materials, natural materials, etc.)
- One registration per fairy/gnome house; feel free to make more than one! :)
- Projects should follow the theme of the park it is being placed in.
- Materials used to create the miniature homes should be appropriate for outdoor use.
- Please keep projects within a 12" x 12" floor space.
- All projects should be family friendly.
- The following are prohibited: crude language, profanity, political messages, obscene or offensive statements or projects.
- Projects may be signed.
Placing Homes / Removing Homes
- Creators/Artists are asked to place their home in the park on Thursday, July 8th, and remove their home from the park on Thursday, July 15th.
- Signs will be up at each park by 12noon on Thursday, July 8th to indicate the start and end trail location for placing homes.
- For questions, please contact Maria Iannelli at email@example.com
Community Service Hours (Students)
- Students who create a Fairy/Gnome home may earn up to 3 community service hours.
- Students may only earn service hours for 1 fairy/gnome home but are welcome to create multiple homes.
- Along with registering, students seeking community service hours must submit their service hours, along with a photo of the completed project placed on the designated trail, to Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing Your Creations
- We are so excited for all of your beautiful designs and creations to decorate our community.
- Take a picture when you finish your masterpiece and hashtag #ChooseDeerfield on Instagram and Facebook so we can share your work!
- Your home will be part of the Fairy/Gnome Trails open to the public from July 9 - 14!