This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Deerfield welcomes individuals, families, community groups, and businesses who want to help on a one-time basis with conservation projects, such as tree plantings, trail maintenance, or litter cleanups.
Please note that these projects take place outdoors - rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for weather. Close-toed shoes are required.
Volunteer assignments involve bending, stooping, standing/walking for extended periods of time, walking across uneven surfaces, and lifting.
All children, ages 13 and under, must be accompanied by an adult.
Volunteering with Friends
- If you are an individual/family and want to be partnered with members of another household, please indicate this on your registration.
- We will make every effort to group you with the other individual/household(s) that you indicate.
- Please note that grouping is dependent upon number of volunteers and type of volunteer assignments. (Registrants of the same household will be kept together.)
Registration for Groups, Clubs, and Businesses
- Registration for groups, clubs, or businesses is easy! (We've improved our process!)
- Assign an adult coordinator to register your group all together.
- The coordinator will register him/herself and just indicate the total number of attendees in the group.
- The remaining group members will bring a signed, paper copy of the waiver to check-in on the day of the event.
- Volunteers registered as a member of a household account will electronically sign waivers during online check-out.
- All volunteers registered as a "Guest" are required to bring a signed paper copy of the waiver to check-in on event day.
- Printable ADULT Waiver
- Printable MINOR Waiver
- During registration, you will be asked to indicate which shift you/your group will be volunteering for.
- 2 or 4 hour shifts are available (8am - 10am, 10am - 12noon, or 8am - 12noon)
- Please remember to sign in and out from your shift on event day.
What to Bring
- Please bring work gloves and wear closed-toed shoes/boots.
- Dress for the weather - this event will be held rain or shine!
- For volunteers registered online as a "guest," please bring a signed paper copy of the waiver.
- If you need a form completed for community service hours, please bring it with you to check-in.