Join your neighbors to cultivate fresh vegetables in the Community Garden.
- The Township expects to open the gardens the first week of April, weather permitting. A specific date will be emailed to plot holders.
- The garden is open from 7am to dusk from April through October.
- Plots are 4x4 raised beds.
- Gardeners may reserve more than one plot.
- Plot numbers are assigned by the Township and will be emailed to participants prior to opening day.
- The garden design was based on the square foot gardening method. For more information on this method, please visit the Square Foot Gardening website.
- Cultivating, weeding, and watering their own plots
- Determining the best growing season for the crops they are cultivating
- Ensuring their plot is in cultivated status by June 1st
- Giving consideration to others by planting tall crops where they will have the least impact on neighboring gardeners. (Crops and structures over 6ft tall are not allowed)
- "Putting their garden to bed" and leaving plots as they found them in the spring by October 31st
Common-Sense List of No's
- No pets
- No motorized vehicles
- No littering
- No loud music
- No invasive plants (i.e. mint any variety)
- No taking food that is not yours
Reserving a Plot
- To reserve a plot, please log in to your account.
- If you do not have an account, you can create one here.
- Senior Citizens, 60 years and above, will receive the resident rate. This reduced rate will be reflected in your cart at check out.
Additional Forms and Files: